Brain cancer treatment options for cancers of the brain include the state-of-the-art Gamma Knife Radiosurgery with Gamma Knife Perfexion.
Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
The Gamma Knife Perfexion at NWH has proven effective for patients with a variety of different conditions including:
- Metastatic brain tumors from a variety of primary cancers such as breast, lung, colon, kidney, and skin cancer
- Benign brain tumors such as meningiomas, acoustic neuromas, or pituitary adenomas
- Malignant primary brain tumors such as glomus tumors
Most patients who come to Northern Westchester Hospital for Gamma Knife treatment, have a diagnosed intracranial or head and neck condition. The majority of patients are usually referred to one of our Gamma Knife treatment team members or to the Gamma Knife Center itself for evaluation, but we also welcome self-referrals for evaluation by our team. At Northern Westchester Hospital, Gamma Knife radiosurgery is performed by a multidisciplinary team of specialists including a neurosurgeon, radiation oncologist, physicist, and specially trained nursing staff. We review each potential patient at our Gamma Knife Case Conference to ensure the patient is an appropriate case for Gamma Knife Perfexion treatment.
If you would like your case to be reviewed by our team, please call the Gamma Knife Center at 914.242.8113. Visit NWHGammaKnifeSurgeryNY.org for more information.
Whether you are coming to The Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center to begin your brain cancer treatment plan, or for a 2nd opinion, our specialists are committed to helping you understand your diagnosis and your treatment options so that you can make an informed decision about the best plan of care.
Multidisciplinary Team of Experts and Resources
At the NWH Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center in Mt. Kisco, NY, you have access to a compassionate multidisciplinary team of brain cancer experts all in one place and close to home—including:
- Radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, specialized surgeons, pathologists, oncology nurses, and integrative medicine professionals.
- Our Tumor Board discusses cancer patients on a case-by-case basis in a multi-specialty forum.
- Access to advanced diagnostic testing in our all-digital Radiology Department. Our Radiologists, Pathologists and Oncologists work together to provide prompt results and the best treatment options.
- Sophisticated interventional radiology procedures that have been used for years to treat brain cancer at Northern Westchester Hospital.
- Chemotherapy is provided in the soothing setting of the Laurie Bass Sklaver Infusion Center.
- Advanced options in radiation therapy are available, tailored to treat your cancer. Radiation is administered under the direction of the Radiation Oncologist.
- Brain cancer patients have access to the therapeutic services of the Health & Wellness Program—many at no cost.
- Medical technology and operating rooms reflect the state-of-the-art in cancer surgery.
- Experienced healthcare professionals specialize in brain cancer treatment in the Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, a collaborative, multi-specialty cancer center.
To learn more about the excellence in brain cancer treatment offered at Northern Westchester Hospital, visit our Contact Us page, or give us a call at 914.242.8115.