Early Stage Gynecologic Cancer
At NWH we take a multidisciplinary approach to gynecologic oncology, recognizing that gynecologic cancers can affect a woman’s reproductive system. The most common types of gynecologic cancers are cervical cancer, endometrial (uterine) and ovarian cancer.
For women with gynecologic cancer surgery may be the best treatment option, namely hysterectomy or myomectomy.
If your doctor recommends surgery for uterine or cervical cancer, you have several minimally invasive options. You may be a candidate for minimally invasive da Vinci Surgery.
Robot -assisted hysterectomy and myomectomy with the da Vinci Surgical System® requires few tiny incisions, and is the most advanced minimally invasive procedure. A da Vinci procedure involves less pain and less blood loss, fewer complications, and may allow you to progress to secondary treatment more quickly, if needed.
Whether you are coming to The Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center to begin your treatment plan, or for a second opinion, our gynecologic oncology specialists are committed to helping you understand your diagnosis and your treatment options so that you can make an informed decision about the best plan of care.
Multidisciplinary Team of Experts and Resources
At the NWH Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center in Mt. Kisco, NY, you have access to a compassionate multidisciplinary team of gynecologic oncology experts all in one place and close to home—including:
- Radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, specialized surgeons, pathologists, oncology nurses, and integrative medicine professionals.
- Our Tumor Board discusses cancer patients on a case-by-case basis in a multi-specialty forum.
Radiation administered under the direction of the Radiation Oncologist, Dr. Alfred Tinger. Advanced therapies include Brachytherapy (BT), External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT) and Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), and intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT). Prone and supine breast positioning capabilities, improving localization and focus on target area and reduces or eliminates radiation on non-affected areas.
Read about Radiation Oncology therapies at Northern Westchester Hospital.
- Sophisticated interventional radiology procedures that have been used for years to treat bone cancer at Northern Westchester Hospital.
- Chemotherapy is provided in the soothing setting of the Laurie Bass Sklaver Infusion Center.
- Advanced options in radiation therapy are available, tailored to treat your cancer. Radiation is administered under the direction of the Radiation Oncologist.
- Bone cancer patients have access to the therapeutic services of the Health & Wellness Program—many at no cost.
- Medical technology and operating rooms reflect the state-of-the-art in cancer surgery.
- Our experienced healthcare professionals evaluate and treat patients with gynecologic cancers in the Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, a collaborative, multi-specialty cancer center in Mt. Kisco, NY.
To learn more about the excellence in gynecologic oncology offered at Northern Westchester Hospital, visit our Contact Us page, or give us a call at 914.242.8115.