Several sophisticated interventional radiology procedures have been used for liver cancer treatment for years at Northern Westchester Hospital.
Embolization is an option for some patients with tumors that cannot be removed by surgery – usually larger than 4 cm:
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Trans arterial embolization
- Trans arterial chemoembolization
- Trans arterial radioembolization (yttrium-90)
These are non-surgical minimally invasive image-guided procedures that require short recovery time and offer improved quality of life.
Please contact our Interventional Radiology Department for more information: 914.242.8154
Multidisciplinary Team of Experts and Resources
At the NWH Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center in Mt. Kisco, NY, you have access to a compassionate multidisciplinary team of liver cancer experts all in one place and close to home—including:
- Radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, specialized surgeons, pathologists, oncology nurses, and integrative medicine professionals.
- Our Tumor Board discusses cancer patients on a case-by-case basis in a multi-specialty forum.
- Patients have access to advanced diagnostic testing in our all-digital Radiology Department. Our Radiologists, Pathologists and Oncologists work together to provide prompt results and the best treatment options.
- Chemotherapy is provided in the soothing setting of the Laurie Bass Sklaver Infusion Center.
- Advanced options in radiation therapy are available, tailored to for liver cancer treatment. Radiation is administered under the direction of the Radiation Oncologist.
- Patients have access to the therapeutic services of the Health & Wellness Program—many at no cost.
- Medical technology and operating rooms reflect the state-of-the-art in cancer surgery.
- Our experienced healthcare professionals evaluate and treat patients with liver cancers in the Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, a collaborative, multi-specialty cancer center in Mt. Kisco, NY.
To learn more about the holistic approach to liver cancer treatment offered at The Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center at NWH, give us a call at 914.242.8115.