Whether you are coming to The Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center to begin your lung cancer treatment plan or for a second opinion, our lung cancer specialists are committed to helping you understand your diagnosis and your treatment options so that you can make an informed decision about the best plan of care.
Lung Cancer Risk Assessment
You may know that lung cancer is the number one cause of cancer death in the US (and worldwide).* But you may not know that an advanced type of screening—the Low-Dose CT Scan—is reducing lung cancer deaths. That's because when monitored and detected early, lung cancer can be more effectively treated. It's effectiveness makes this LDCT scan today’s “standard of care” for those at high risk, and it is newly covered by Medicare and most health insurance plans.
Do I need a LDCT? Take this quick self-assessment.
Multidisciplinary Team of Lung Cancer Experts and Resources
At the NWH Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center in Mt. Kisco, NY, you have access to a compassionate multidisciplinary team of lung cancer experts all in one place and close to home—including:
- Radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, specialized surgeons, pathologists, oncology nurses, and integrative medicine professionals.
- Our Tumor Board discusses cancer patients on a case-by-case basis in a multi-specialty forum.
- Access to advanced diagnostic testing in our all-digital Radiology Department. Our Radiologists, Pathologists and Oncologists work together to provide prompt results and the best treatment options.
- Sophisticated interventional radiology procedures used in lung cancer treatment at Northern Westchester Hospital.
- Chemotherapy provided in the soothing setting of the Laurie Bass Sklaver Infusion Center.
- Advanced options in radiation therapy available, tailored to treat your cancer. Radiation is administered under the direction of the Radiation Oncologist.
- Cancer patients have access to the therapeutic services of the Health & Wellness Program—many at no cost.
- Smoking Cessation Programs available to our community for no fee. Look for upcoming sessions on our Calendar of Events.
- Our medical technology and operating rooms reflect the state-of-the-art in cancer surgery.
- Experienced healthcare professionals evaluate and treat patients with lung cancer in the Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, a collaborative, multi-specialty cancer center in Mt. Kisco, New York.
With the Clinical Trials Program at NWH, our patients can benefit from major medical advancements in lung cancer treatment previously found in big city hospitals, now in the comfort of our own community.
For a referral to a lung cancer treatment physician, give our referral line a call at 877.4 NWH DOC (877.469.4362). For an appointment with Dr. Christos Stavropoulos, Chief of Thoracic Surgery, please call 914.242.7938.
If you have additional questions about lung cancer treatment at NWH call us at 914.242.8333 or visit our contact page.